Top Posts & Pages
- The Overlooked Purslane
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Scotch Eggs
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- Currant Challenges
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Hasty Fritters
- A White Pot Recipe
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading