Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Scotch Eggs
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Chocolate Tart Another Way
- Currant Challenges
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading