Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading