Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- The Christmas Pie
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- A Standing Crust Recipe
- The Crust of Time
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading