Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- The Christmas Pie
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading