Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Scotch Eggs
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Stinging Nettle Soup
- Currant Challenges
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading