Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Stupendously Fresh Soup
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- The Christmas Pie
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
- A Chocolate Tart Another Way
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading