Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Preserved Walnuts
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Standing Crust Recipe
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading