Top Posts & Pages
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Currant Challenges
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Scotch Eggs
- Preserved Walnuts
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading