Top Posts & Pages
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- A Standing Crust Recipe
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Pickling Onions in 18th Century England
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- A Simply Fantastic Lemon Cream
- Preserved Walnuts
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading