Top Posts & Pages
- The Christmas Pie
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Yellow Flummery
- Chocolate Biscuits
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Preserved Walnuts
Monthly Archives: October 2012
While many foods (and people’s taste preferences for them) have changed dramatically over years of culinary evolution, some remain unaltered from their ancestral origins. Take pie crusts, for instance: any trustworthy modern recipe likely calls for flour, cold butter and/or … Continue reading