Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Hasty Fritters
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- Preserved Walnuts
- The Christmas Pie
- Standing-Crust Pie Recipes
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Have you ever pursued an endeavor full-tilt and headlong, only to discover the brick wall AFTER you’ve regain consciousness? I hit a brick wall. In my recent quest to understand the breadth of lineages in the pudding family tree, I … Continue reading
I recently ran across online portions of an interesting book, edited by Harlan Walker, titled Disappearing Foods: Studies in Foods and Dishes at Risk (Prospect Books, 1995). The book includes an article written by Mary Wallace Kelsey called “The Pudding Club and … Continue reading