Top Posts & Pages
- A Large Standing Crust
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Stupendously Fresh Soup
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
Monthly Archives: October 2013
Have you ever pursued an endeavor full-tilt and headlong, only to discover the brick wall AFTER you’ve regain consciousness? I hit a brick wall. In my recent quest to understand the breadth of lineages in the pudding family tree, I … Continue reading
I recently ran across online portions of an interesting book, edited by Harlan Walker, titled Disappearing Foods: Studies in Foods and Dishes at Risk (Prospect Books, 1995). The book includes an article written by Mary Wallace Kelsey called “The Pudding Club and … Continue reading