Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A White Pot Recipe
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- The Christmas Pie
- Preserved Walnuts
Monthly Archives: November 2013
Where would we be without chocolate? The thought runs shivers up my spine. In the scheme of culinary history, however, that creamy smooth chocolate that graces our palates with childhood delight and for just a moment melts away the adult … Continue reading →