Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- Hasty Fritters
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
Monthly Archives: November 2013
Where would we be without chocolate? The thought runs shivers up my spine. In the scheme of culinary history, however, that creamy smooth chocolate that graces our palates with childhood delight and for just a moment melts away the adult … Continue reading →