Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Standing-Crust Pie Recipes
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
Monthly Archives: November 2013
Where would we be without chocolate? The thought runs shivers up my spine. In the scheme of culinary history, however, that creamy smooth chocolate that graces our palates with childhood delight and for just a moment melts away the adult … Continue reading →