Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- The Christmas Pie
- Three Dozen Mince Pie Recipes Later -- the Fallacy of Precision
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
Monthly Archives: November 2013
Where would we be without chocolate? The thought runs shivers up my spine. In the scheme of culinary history, however, that creamy smooth chocolate that graces our palates with childhood delight and for just a moment melts away the adult … Continue reading →