Top Posts & Pages
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- The Overlooked Purslane
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
Monthly Archives: November 2013
Where would we be without chocolate? The thought runs shivers up my spine. In the scheme of culinary history, however, that creamy smooth chocolate that graces our palates with childhood delight and for just a moment melts away the adult … Continue reading →