Top Posts & Pages
- Parmesan Cheese Tart
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- The Overlooked Purslane
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
Monthly Archives: November 2013
Where would we be without chocolate? The thought runs shivers up my spine. In the scheme of culinary history, however, that creamy smooth chocolate that graces our palates with childhood delight and for just a moment melts away the adult … Continue reading →