Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Pickling Onions in 18th Century England
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Hasty Fritters
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Switchel: the Original Energy-Ade
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- The Overlooked Purslane
Monthly Archives: January 2014
Chocolate is probably the most celebrated food in western civilization…okay, you’re right; there is bacon, but besides that… Many of our most decadent desserts are made with it. We flavor our coffee with it and brew our beer to taste … Continue reading