Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
Monthly Archives: January 2014
Chocolate is probably the most celebrated food in western civilization…okay, you’re right; there is bacon, but besides that… Many of our most decadent desserts are made with it. We flavor our coffee with it and brew our beer to taste … Continue reading