Top Posts & Pages
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- A Standing Crust Recipe
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Pickling Onions in 18th Century England
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- A Simply Fantastic Lemon Cream
- Preserved Walnuts
Monthly Archives: January 2014
Chocolate is probably the most celebrated food in western civilization…okay, you’re right; there is bacon, but besides that… Many of our most decadent desserts are made with it. We flavor our coffee with it and brew our beer to taste … Continue reading