Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A White Pot Recipe
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Preserved Walnuts
- The Christmas Pie
Monthly Archives: January 2014
Chocolate is probably the most celebrated food in western civilization…okay, you’re right; there is bacon, but besides that… Many of our most decadent desserts are made with it. We flavor our coffee with it and brew our beer to taste … Continue reading