Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- The Christmas Pie
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- A Standing Crust Recipe
Monthly Archives: July 2014
I’ve written in past posts about the challenges of interpreting period recipes. I know I’m not alone in this. If you have tried making sense of some of the old recipes, you know what I’m taking about. It can be … Continue reading