Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Preserved Walnuts
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- Hasty Fritters
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
Monthly Archives: August 2014
We have a modest collection of cookbooks, both old and modern, as well as secondary resources related to the topic 18th century cooking here in my office. I appreciate being able to read other people’s interpretations of the old recipes, to see … Continue reading