Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Preserved Walnuts
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- The Christmas Pie
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
Monthly Archives: August 2014
We have a modest collection of cookbooks, both old and modern, as well as secondary resources related to the topic 18th century cooking here in my office. I appreciate being able to read other people’s interpretations of the old recipes, to see … Continue reading