Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- The Christmas Pie
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
Monthly Archives: August 2014
We have a modest collection of cookbooks, both old and modern, as well as secondary resources related to the topic 18th century cooking here in my office. I appreciate being able to read other people’s interpretations of the old recipes, to see … Continue reading