Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Yellow Flummery
- Grocer Advertisement from Boston 1732
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
Monthly Archives: August 2014
We have a modest collection of cookbooks, both old and modern, as well as secondary resources related to the topic 18th century cooking here in my office. I appreciate being able to read other people’s interpretations of the old recipes, to see … Continue reading