Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- A White Pot Recipe
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
Category Archives: spices
In most English societies, for centuries Christmas has been a time of gatherings, and food, and festivities, and traditions, and family. For many people in the eighteenth century, Christmas was celebrated much differently than it typically is today. Remnants of … Continue reading