Top Posts & Pages
- A Simply Fantastic Lemon Cream
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Parmesan Cheese Tart
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Preserved Walnuts
- Switchel: the Original Energy-Ade
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Delightfully Whipped Syllabubs
Category Archives: spices
In most English societies, for centuries Christmas has been a time of gatherings, and food, and festivities, and traditions, and family. For many people in the eighteenth century, Christmas was celebrated much differently than it typically is today. Remnants of … Continue reading