Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Scotch Eggs
- Preserved Walnuts
- Currant Challenges
Category Archives: spices
In most English societies, for centuries Christmas has been a time of gatherings, and food, and festivities, and traditions, and family. For many people in the eighteenth century, Christmas was celebrated much differently than it typically is today. Remnants of … Continue reading