Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- The Christmas Pie
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- A Standing Crust Recipe
- The Crust of Time
Category Archives: spices
In most English societies, for centuries Christmas has been a time of gatherings, and food, and festivities, and traditions, and family. For many people in the eighteenth century, Christmas was celebrated much differently than it typically is today. Remnants of … Continue reading