Top Posts & Pages
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Scotch Eggs
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Preserved Walnuts
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Currant Challenges
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
Category Archives: spices
In most English societies, for centuries Christmas has been a time of gatherings, and food, and festivities, and traditions, and family. For many people in the eighteenth century, Christmas was celebrated much differently than it typically is today. Remnants of … Continue reading