Top Posts & Pages
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- A White Pot Recipe
Category Archives: spices
In most English societies, for centuries Christmas has been a time of gatherings, and food, and festivities, and traditions, and family. For many people in the eighteenth century, Christmas was celebrated much differently than it typically is today. Remnants of … Continue reading