Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- Yellow Flummery
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
Category Archives: spices
In most English societies, for centuries Christmas has been a time of gatherings, and food, and festivities, and traditions, and family. For many people in the eighteenth century, Christmas was celebrated much differently than it typically is today. Remnants of … Continue reading