Top Posts & Pages
- The Christmas Pie
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Yellow Flummery
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Chocolate Biscuits
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
Category Archives: spices
In most English societies, for centuries Christmas has been a time of gatherings, and food, and festivities, and traditions, and family. For many people in the eighteenth century, Christmas was celebrated much differently than it typically is today. Remnants of … Continue reading