Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Hasty Fritters
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- The Christmas Pie
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
Category Archives: spices
In most English societies, for centuries Christmas has been a time of gatherings, and food, and festivities, and traditions, and family. For many people in the eighteenth century, Christmas was celebrated much differently than it typically is today. Remnants of … Continue reading