Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Yellow Flummery
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- The Christmas Pie
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
Tag Archives: black paper
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading