Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- Scotch Eggs
- A White Pot Recipe
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- A Ragout of French Beans
- Standing-Crust Pie Recipes
Tag Archives: black paper
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading