Top Posts & Pages
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
- Another Cheesecake
- A White Pot Recipe
- Raised Hearth with Oven Paintings
Tag Archives: black paper
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading