Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- The Crust of Time
Tag Archives: broiling
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →