Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Preserved Walnuts
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Stinging Nettle Soup
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
Tag Archives: Cake
In her 1807 book “A New System of Domestic Cookery; Formed upon Principles of Economy, and Adapted to the use of Private Families,” Maria Eliza Ketelby Rundell offers wonderfully helpful advice to the novice baker, especially when it comes to … Continue reading