Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Preserved Walnuts
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
Tag Archives: Cake
In her 1807 book “A New System of Domestic Cookery; Formed upon Principles of Economy, and Adapted to the use of Private Families,” Maria Eliza Ketelby Rundell offers wonderfully helpful advice to the novice baker, especially when it comes to … Continue reading