Top Posts & Pages
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- A Large Standing Crust
- A Standing Crust Recipe
- Parmesan Cheese Tart
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
Tag Archives: Cake
In her 1807 book “A New System of Domestic Cookery; Formed upon Principles of Economy, and Adapted to the use of Private Families,” Maria Eliza Ketelby Rundell offers wonderfully helpful advice to the novice baker, especially when it comes to … Continue reading