Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- The Crust of Time
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
Tag Archives: Cake
In her 1807 book “A New System of Domestic Cookery; Formed upon Principles of Economy, and Adapted to the use of Private Families,” Maria Eliza Ketelby Rundell offers wonderfully helpful advice to the novice baker, especially when it comes to … Continue reading