Top Posts & Pages
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Yellow Flummery
- Interpreting Measures
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
Tag Archives: Cake
In her 1807 book “A New System of Domestic Cookery; Formed upon Principles of Economy, and Adapted to the use of Private Families,” Maria Eliza Ketelby Rundell offers wonderfully helpful advice to the novice baker, especially when it comes to … Continue reading