Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- The Christmas Pie
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Preserved Walnuts
Tag Archives: Cake
In her 1807 book “A New System of Domestic Cookery; Formed upon Principles of Economy, and Adapted to the use of Private Families,” Maria Eliza Ketelby Rundell offers wonderfully helpful advice to the novice baker, especially when it comes to … Continue reading