Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- A Chocolate Tart Another Way
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
Tag Archives: carbon paper
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading