Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- The Crust of Time
Tag Archives: custard
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading