Top Posts & Pages
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- The Christmas Pie
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th Century Pasties, Part Two
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- Interpreting Measures
- A White Pot Recipe
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
Tag Archives: custard
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading