Top Posts & Pages
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
Tag Archives: custard
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading