Top Posts & Pages
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Yellow Flummery
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Interpreting Measures
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
Tag Archives: custard
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading