Top Posts & Pages
- Currant Challenges
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- Preserved Walnuts
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- A Ragout of French Beans
Tag Archives: custard
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading