Top Posts & Pages
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- The Overlooked Purslane
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Preserved Walnuts
- Delightfully Whipped Syllabubs
- Switchel: the Original Energy-Ade
Tag Archives: dressing
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →