Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- The Christmas Pie
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Preserved Walnuts
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
Tag Archives: dressing
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →