Top Posts & Pages
- The Overlooked Purslane
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Switchel: the Original Energy-Ade
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- A Large Standing Crust
- Hasty Fritters
- Delightfully Whipped Syllabubs
- A White Pot Recipe
Tag Archives: dumpling
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →