Top Posts & Pages
- A Ragout of French Beans
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Yellow Flummery
- A White Pot Recipe
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- Preserved Walnuts
Tag Archives: fish bait
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading