Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Stupendously Fresh Soup
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- The Christmas Pie
- A Chocolate Tart Another Way
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
Tag Archives: fish bait
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading