Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Scotch Eggs
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Currant Challenges
- Stinging Nettle Soup
Tag Archives: forcemeat
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →