Top Posts & Pages
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Scotch Eggs
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- Currant Challenges
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Preserved Walnuts
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
- Stinging Nettle Soup
Tag Archives: forcemeat
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →