Top Posts & Pages
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Scotch Eggs
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Currant Challenges
- Preserved Walnuts
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
Tag Archives: frying
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →