Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- Scotch Eggs
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
Tag Archives: grilling
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →