Top Posts & Pages
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
- A White Pot Recipe
- Raised Hearth with Oven Paintings
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Quire of Paper
Tag Archives: grilling
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →