Top Posts & Pages
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Scotch Eggs
- Currant Challenges
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- Preserved Walnuts
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
Tag Archives: hays
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading