Top Posts & Pages
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- A Ragout of French Beans
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Hasty Fritters
- Grocer Advertisement from Boston 1732
Tag Archives: hays
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading