Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Simple Biscuits Recipe
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
Tag Archives: hays
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading