Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Preserved Walnuts
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Scotch Eggs
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
Tag Archives: ketchup
I have many memories from my formative boyhood years of tromping through the woods, discovering nature, getting dirty, and hunting for anything with more than (or less than) two legs with which I could startle my poor dear mother. Occasionally, the call … Continue reading