Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
Tag Archives: ketchup
I have many memories from my formative boyhood years of tromping through the woods, discovering nature, getting dirty, and hunting for anything with more than (or less than) two legs with which I could startle my poor dear mother. Occasionally, the call … Continue reading