Top Posts & Pages
- A Large Standing Crust
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Stupendously Fresh Soup
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
Tag Archives: meat
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →