Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Preserved Walnuts
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- A Standing Crust Recipe
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
Tag Archives: meat
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →