Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Hasty Fritters
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Switchel: the Original Energy-Ade
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
Tag Archives: moxon
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading