Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Grocer Advertisement from Boston 1732
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th Century Pasties, Part Two
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
Tag Archives: moxon
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading