Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
Tag Archives: paint
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading