Top Posts & Pages
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Yellow Flummery
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Interpreting Measures
- Pan Perdu (or as we call it "French Toast")
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
Tag Archives: paint
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading