Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- A Chocolate Tart Another Way
- A Ragout of French Beans
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
Tag Archives: paint
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading