Top Posts & Pages
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- A Large Standing Crust
- A Standing Crust Recipe
- Parmesan Cheese Tart
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
Tag Archives: pan
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading