Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Preserved Walnuts
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
Tag Archives: pan
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading