Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Preserved Walnuts
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- The Christmas Pie
Tag Archives: pan
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading