Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- The Crust of Time
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
Tag Archives: pan
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading