Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- A Stupendously Fresh Soup
- The Christmas Pie
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
Tag Archives: pan
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading