Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- The Christmas Pie
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Hasty Fritters
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
Tag Archives: pear
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading