Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Scotch Eggs
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- A White Pot Recipe
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- A Ragout of French Beans
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
Tag Archives: pear
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading