Top Posts & Pages
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Yellow Flummery
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Preserved Walnuts
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- A White Pot Recipe
Tag Archives: pomade
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading