Top Posts & Pages
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- The Christmas Pie
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
Tag Archives: pomade
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading