Top Posts & Pages
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Simple Biscuits Recipe
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- A Ragout of French Beans
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
Tag Archives: pomade
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading