Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- The Crust of Time
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- The Christmas Pie
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
Tag Archives: potted
While perusing several 18th century cookbooks, I’ve identified and included below a selection of recipes using suet. I chose these recipes because they seem to be fairly typical representations of food categories which commonly use suet: puddings, dumplings, pastry crusts, … Continue reading →