Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- The Christmas Pie
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- 18th Century Vermicelli Pudding aka Kugel
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Preserved Walnuts
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
Tag Archives: pudding
This is an interesting vermicelli pudding from 1784 edition of The Art of Cookery Made Plain and Easy by Hannah Glasse. 1 Pint Milk 4 Oz Vermicelli Ground Cinnamon to taste 1 Cup Heavy Cream 4 Oz Melted Butter 4 … Continue reading
In the 18th century, puddings were once a culinary staple of much of the western world. Many types existed but most called for long cooking times. Hasty puddings (or as they were often called “puddings in haste”) became popular for … Continue reading