Top Posts & Pages
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- The Christmas Pie
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
Tag Archives: pudding
In the 18th century, puddings were once a culinary staple of much of the western world. Many types existed but most called for long cooking times. Hasty puddings (or as they were often called “puddings in haste”) became popular for … Continue reading