Top Posts & Pages
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- A Large Standing Crust
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
Tag Archives: rations
When cooking a modern recipe with a dozen ingredients in a well stocked kitchen with a stove, eight pans, twenty spoons of various sizes, dozens of mixing bowls and every other convenience, I can’t help but look back to poor … Continue reading