Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Switchel: the Original Energy-Ade
- The Overlooked Purslane
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Hasty Fritters
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
Tag Archives: rations
When cooking a modern recipe with a dozen ingredients in a well stocked kitchen with a stove, eight pans, twenty spoons of various sizes, dozens of mixing bowls and every other convenience, I can’t help but look back to poor … Continue reading