Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Hasty Fritters
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- The Christmas Pie
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Switchel: the Original Energy-Ade
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
Tag Archives: rations
When cooking a modern recipe with a dozen ingredients in a well stocked kitchen with a stove, eight pans, twenty spoons of various sizes, dozens of mixing bowls and every other convenience, I can’t help but look back to poor … Continue reading