Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Preserved Walnuts
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
Tag Archives: rations
When cooking a modern recipe with a dozen ingredients in a well stocked kitchen with a stove, eight pans, twenty spoons of various sizes, dozens of mixing bowls and every other convenience, I can’t help but look back to poor … Continue reading