Top Posts & Pages
- Two 18th Century Vegetarian Recipes: Carolina Snow Balls and a Simple (but Delicious) Boiled Rice Pudding
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
Tag Archives: rations
When cooking a modern recipe with a dozen ingredients in a well stocked kitchen with a stove, eight pans, twenty spoons of various sizes, dozens of mixing bowls and every other convenience, I can’t help but look back to poor … Continue reading