Top Posts & Pages
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- The Christmas Pie
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Parmesan Cheese Tart
Tag Archives: rations
When cooking a modern recipe with a dozen ingredients in a well stocked kitchen with a stove, eight pans, twenty spoons of various sizes, dozens of mixing bowls and every other convenience, I can’t help but look back to poor … Continue reading