Top Posts & Pages
- A Simply Fantastic Lemon Cream
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Parmesan Cheese Tart
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Preserved Walnuts
- Switchel: the Original Energy-Ade
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Delightfully Whipped Syllabubs
Tag Archives: rolling pin
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading