Top Posts & Pages
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- The Christmas Pie
- Chocolate Biscuits
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Preserved Walnuts
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
Tag Archives: rolling pin
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading