Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- The Christmas Pie
- Preserved Walnuts
Tag Archives: sailor
Just to give an idea of the variety or lack there of, in the 18th century sailor’s diet. Provisions listed for the British ship Bellona 74 guns in 1760 listed as provisions for 650 men for four months. Beef 5200 … Continue reading
I recently received an email from a fellow historical foodie, who…well, for efficiency sake, I’ll include his email message while respecting his privacy: Good evening, First I’d like to say that I watch your YouTube historical cooking videos quite avidly, … Continue reading