Top Posts & Pages
- Currant Challenges
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- A Short Paste, a Delicious Pear Tart, and a Choice of Three Toppings
- Chocolate: "A Light and Wholesome Breakfast"
- Preserved Walnuts
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- A Ragout of French Beans
Tag Archives: sailor
Just to give an idea of the variety or lack there of, in the 18th century sailor’s diet. Provisions listed for the British ship Bellona 74 guns in 1760 listed as provisions for 650 men for four months. Beef 5200 … Continue reading
I recently received an email from a fellow historical foodie, who…well, for efficiency sake, I’ll include his email message while respecting his privacy: Good evening, First I’d like to say that I watch your YouTube historical cooking videos quite avidly, … Continue reading