Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- The Christmas Pie
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- A Pork Pie with a Standing Crust
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Yellow Flummery
- Suet, Part Four: A Few Recipes.
- Did George Washington use Ketchup?
- Chocolate Biscuits
Tag Archives: salt
I recently received an email from a fellow historical foodie, who…well, for efficiency sake, I’ll include his email message while respecting his privacy: Good evening, First I’d like to say that I watch your YouTube historical cooking videos quite avidly, … Continue reading
Here’s a link to an excellent resource for best (and worst) cooking, food-preparation, and home-remedy practices of southern England, compiled and published by William Ellis in 1750.