Top Posts & Pages
- A Large Standing Crust
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- Salted Meat for a Long Journey at Sea
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- A Stupendously Fresh Soup
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
Tag Archives: salt
I recently received an email from a fellow historical foodie, who…well, for efficiency sake, I’ll include his email message while respecting his privacy: Good evening, First I’d like to say that I watch your YouTube historical cooking videos quite avidly, … Continue reading
Here’s a link to an excellent resource for best (and worst) cooking, food-preparation, and home-remedy practices of southern England, compiled and published by William Ellis in 1750.