Top Posts & Pages
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- Preserved Walnuts
- Standing-Crust Pie Recipes
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- The Crust of Time
- 18th Century Pasties, Part One
Tag Archives: salt
I recently received an email from a fellow historical foodie, who…well, for efficiency sake, I’ll include his email message while respecting his privacy: Good evening, First I’d like to say that I watch your YouTube historical cooking videos quite avidly, … Continue reading
Here’s a link to an excellent resource for best (and worst) cooking, food-preparation, and home-remedy practices of southern England, compiled and published by William Ellis in 1750.