Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Suet, Part Three: Preparing it.
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- 18th and Early 19th Century Cookbooks: Searchable, and FREE.
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Preserved Walnuts
- A Puff Paste Recipe (with a secret confession)
- The Christmas Pie
- An 18th Century Vegetarian Cookbook, and a Peek into the Diets of the Poor
- Hard Dumplings a Soldiers Treat
Tag Archives: steel
Scan through almost any 18th century cookbook and you will find a recurring term: Suet. Suet was an important ingredient in English cooking. It’s still used today, though it seems to have reserved its spot on British grocery shelves much more … Continue reading