Top Posts & Pages
- Suet, Part two: What it is, What it isn't, and What to Look For.
- Ship's Biscuit Recipes
- 18th century Sailor's food - Ships Provisions
- Please Bring Back the Puddings!
- Pancakes: They're Not Just for Breakfast
- Preserved Walnuts
- Suet, Part One: Its role in 18th Century Foodways and Life
- 18th Century No-Knead "French" Bread
- Spices in the 18th Century English Kitchen
- Yellow Flummery
Tag Archives: tin
I’ve mentioned in an early post that there were, for the most part, three types of pastry crusts used in 18th century cooking. This is admittedly a simplification of the goings-on of the old English kitchen. There were other types … Continue reading